I need to set up my receipt printer on the app. How can I do that?
To setup your printer just follow these steps:
- Load your paper. There should be instructions with the printer for that, but basically you just set the paper roll in the printer and make sure the end is peaking out where you close the printer lid so it can grab it.
- Plug in power.
- Plug in the ethernet cable. Plug ethernet cable into the printer and into the wifi router you'll be using for internet access.
- Turn on the printer. Wait 10 to 20 seconds. Green light = good. Flashing red continually = bad (either paper loaded wrong or not plugged into ethernet).
- Configure your printer with the app.
- Open the Passage Manager App on your device and login.
- Head to the Settings menu:
- iOS: Click the settings icon on the bottom of the screen
- Android: Click the ≡ icon at the top of the screen to bring up the choices, and select "Settings"
- Tap Receipt Printer in the list of options
- Tap the Search for Printers button, and wait for the list to load
- Select your printer from the list
That's it! You're all set up.
A few quick notes:
A) Our STAR printer integration works with the TSP200 series and above. Unfortunately, TSP100 series printers will NOT be able to integrate.
B) Printers must have an ethernet connection to plug directly into your router.
C) The device you are using to print must be connected to the same WiFi network as the printer. If they are not on the same network, they will not be able to communicate.